European Parliament Brexit negotiator is anti-British to the core, and not a man with whom we can have a grown up conversation - Nigel Farage
• Preparing for tomorrows 'State of the Union' debate in the European Parliament, Strasbourg, UKIP leader Nigel Farage said:
“In tomorrow’s State of the Union debate it will not just be Mr Juncker that British MEPs will be looking to.
“The European Parliament’s choice of former Belgian Prime Minister, Guy Verhofstadt as the Parliament’s chief divorce lawyer following the Brexit vote in the UK places a dangerous fanatic in charge of the process.
“He is anti-British to the core, and not a man with whom we can have a grown up conversation.“
Some of Guy Verhofstadt's EU wishlist:
Final Destination for EU federalist Guy Verhofstadt MEP (7th Oct 2015) ALDE President
• Common governance
• Shared sovereignty
• Common Asylum Policy
• Common Migration Policy
• Common Border and Coastguard control
• One government for Euro and one treasury
• Liberate EU from 28 national regulators
• Single representation in the international institutions